It’s important that the world doesn’t forget about what men have to go through in life. As a woman I would never downplay the severity and multitude of issues women have faced in the past and present. Such as women wanting the same rights and pay as men, rape, or stigmatization in society of being delicate emotional beings.
But let’s not forget that men go through shit too.
- Young boys are sexually, physically, and mentally abused too.
- There are single/ widowed fathers who do everything for their kids with little to no help.
- Men get depressed and have anxiety too.
- Men can have postpartum depression and separation anxiety from their babies and spouses.
- And so much more…
There’s so many other things that they go through that go unacknowledged and ignored. Just like women they are very unappreciated in many ways. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
Just because they are men does not mean that they are supposed to just deal with whatever is thrown at them without complaint. Not everyone can be hard core and non feeling, not even men. But, that is the stigma.
- Men work and provide for their family and be the sole provider
- Boys are weak if they cry or show emotions
- Boys/ men can’t wear certain colors or be apart of certain activities without being judged or thought of as “Less than normal”
Sound off in the comments…
Why can’t the world accept men and women alike?
What are some stigmas placed on men that you can think of?
What kind of things do men go through that gets downplayed?