Ok so now I see that it s definitely possible to make something positive happen out of my blog. I guess all the progress that I have made on the blog (even though it’s really not that much) in the last two weeks has lit a fire under me to really keep moving forward.
Therefore I am going to set some personal goals for myself to help in the progression of this blog. I’ve finally figured out that having a blog is not just writing stuff and people read and respond to it, it’s more like having a social media but on a more mature adult like scale. Eventually it would be great to have many followers, views, and make money off of my blog but first I have to put in some major work!
With that being said here are my goals and why.
- Get an email list set up: Ok I know I should already have one set up but it isn’t like I’m a professional blogger I just wanted to dabble in it and see if I liked it. Plus I don’t know how so suggestions are so welcome.
- Figure out how to promote my blog on Instagram: I already have a decent amount of organic followers on Instagram and I hadn’t posted anything on it for awhile so I just decided to start over, archive my pictures, and drive some traffic to my blog.
- Start Promoting on Pinterest: I can pin my material all I want but it is definitely helpful to promote it as well.
- Refine my Blog Setup: I really want to learn how to make individual pages to put specific posts on the specific pages because looking at YouTube and google are not helping. I think it would be more easy to navigate my blog site if I can separate subjects and have their own individual pages.
- Be more Consistent: I want to be more regulated and consistent with posting and promoting on WordPress, Pinterest, and Instagram. I want to get into a scheduled routine and have things set up so that I can post on all three at roughly the same time.
- Make Scheduled posts: I’m going to try to use tailwind and see if I can go ahead and remake posts for all three sites I want to use, so that it will go ahead and post regularly.
- Pre-make 30 Days of instagram content: What I mean by pre-make the content is like the pictures that I post that will initially move organic traffic to my instagram and blog. I want to set up 30 pictures for every month, or however many I’ll need to be able to post everyday without having to take multiple pictures everyday.
- Get more Motivated: I plan to take some time out of each week and treat myself to something I want to do. I can’t dedicate my whole life to my blog but I can be a better me to stay on the upside of things to be able to share with you all.
- Find more Ideas to Share: This kind of goes with doing things I want to do, because if I don’t get out of the house and experience different things and what I like and don’t like how am I supposed to be able to give fresh content and material? You can only come up with so many Idas sitting in the house staring at four walls.
- Get 50 followers on my blog: I think that it is important to set goals and standards to keep for yourself when doing something that you want to make a future out of. But I do not want to be unrealistic whatsoever. I want to set small goals that I can reach little by little to grow that way when I hit my goals I can celebrate and bring back that fire and motivation to move forward. I don’t want to give myself a time limit on this either because if I don’t reach my own quota I know I’d be discouraged and disappointed in myself.
If any of my wonderful followers or even if you don’t follow me and have advise on how I can improve please let me know. If you can shed some light and ideas on how to improve any of the goals that I put up please share. I love the feedback because then I can be better not only for myself but for my content that I post.